This weekend Danny Garcia will defend his title against Zab Judah at the Barclay Center in Brooklyn, New York. Rocco’s is a proud sponsor of the Team Garcia and look forward to seeing Danny raise the belt again.
1. He was once an Olympic alternate (Beijing) and as an amateur compiled an incredibly impressive 107-13 record.
2. He hails from Philadelphia with a passion for the City of Brotherly Love like no other – “Philly fighters show a lot of heart and determination and I have to keep that going. Philadelphia keeps me hungry, I love this city.”
3. On his way to the top he fought as an undercard for some of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport including: Mayweather vs. Hatton, Guzman vs. Soto and De La Hoya vs. Forbes.
4. On September 13, 2008, he beat Tyrone Wiggins by a TKO in just 64 seconds.
5. He became “World Champion” on January 28, 2012 after defeating Mexican Legend Eirk Morales in a 12 round unanimous decision.
Above all he is both a gentlemen and a world class boxer. Last week, just a few days before his upcoming title fight against Zab Judah, Danny took time out of his training routine to meet with a young local boy battling cancer. Great story.